Friday, March 9, 2007

Bought With A Price

Somebody said. “I write because I can’t help but write”. In my case that’s not true. I only write when there is something new and different in my life that I’d like to share. I was reading this book called “how to smell like God” by author Steven James. It was a really wonderful book on how he found that some people smell like God.

Smell like God? Does that sound strange? It did to me. It was only later that I understood that as Christians, we are to God the aroma of Christ. It is expected of us to emanate that aroma. How do we do that? Well its pretty simple – by living a life that would reflect Christ.

There were times when I wondered – “come on what difference does it make if or I do or do not do this?” “It doesn’t really matter” … I later realized that it does matter. Everything I do matters. Everything I do, adds to that aroma. When you and I become the sons of God, there is this particular aura about us … the aura and aroma of our Lord Jesus Christ.

I learnt a very important lesson that day as I read that book. How I live my life, may never matter to anybody – but every moment of my life matters to the Lord for He purchased every inch of me with His blood. And hey, just so you know, you are bought with a price too!!!

No comments: