Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Even In My Darkest Hour

The other day my 3yr old nephew Anand was making a fuss – he wanted to go out. Unable to bear his tantrum, I took him out. I was taking him to the terrace and all along, he didn't want to hold my hand. I forcefully held it but he somehow wriggled out and kept walking ahead, holding on to the staircase railing and at times to nothing at all.


As I walked up the staircase, all of a sudden, I felt his little hand clutch my finger, as if he were holding on for dear life – I realized then that we were walking in darkness and he wanted to stay as close to me as possible… he just didn't want to let go – period!It was at that point that I felt God speak to me… He showed me the reason He allowed me to walk through darkness – so I would learn to hold on to Him…

Micah 7:8b – Though I sit in darkness, the Lord will be my light.

No comments: