Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Is This Love?

In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth ... so begins Genesis chapter 1, a chapter we've read and read and read hundreds of times! At least, I've read this chapter several times. But the other day, as I asked the Lord to 'open eyes that I might see great and wonderful things in His law', He unfolded this gift of creation, in a way I've neverknown before.

As I read through these verses, I had a whole new perspective on creation. I learnt that while creating the heavens and the earth, the birds of the sky and the fish of the sea, the plants, the towering mountains, the gorgeous sceneries, the Lord just spoke the Word and everything came in to existence. He said, "Let there be light" and the Bible records, "there was light" - He said it and it was done. But, when it came to you and me … when it came to creating us, He created us in His own image. The hands that bore the nails on the cross, were the hands that created all that I am. In our case, He didn't just say the word and bring us into existence. Rather, He took time to "make" you and me.

As I read this chapter, I imagined every scene … I watched the Lord kneel on the ground, He put his hands in the mud wondering where to start because you and I had to be perfect! As I watched, I could see the delight and glee in His eyes as He carefully formed my body. With mud smudged on His brow, His dress all messed up, He carved my eyes, ears, mouth and lips to perfection. Once I was finished, He smiled, brought me really close to Himself and breathed me in to life. When you and I call out – "Our Father" – We are actually calling out to the 'Creator' of the heavens and the earth … The fact is that the Lord of the earth is the very God Who made all that I am!... And God saw all that He had created and it was good.

One quote that came to my mind as I realized with what love and delight the Lord created me is as follows -"I am so grateful for this picture of the Creator God – Elohim – Who bends to the lowest point of creation – the dust – that I might rise to the highest intention of the universe and have a relationship with the Deity" ~ Selwyn Hughes

I'm privileged to be a child of LOVE – God is LOVE!!!

No comments: