Thursday, January 18, 2007

All That Matters

Our family (both my maternal and paternal side) is quite well built. When I was a child it didn’t matter. However, as I became a teenager, I began getting a complex because I was fat.

Whenever I saw people who were thin, I felt horrible about myself. I felt miserable when people on the road who yell and say “Oiy moti”, “Baby elephant” and horrible stuff like that. I began to think that it is how I looked on the outside that matters. It was not until I looked to Jesus Christ that I understood how wrong I was. To God, it is what is inside that matters. You know why? Because the Bible says that we are fearfully and wonderfully made. I realized that I was beautiful in the eyes of the Lord. T’was all that mattered to me. I kept telling myself – “Busky, you are fearfully and wonderfully made”. I kept telling myself this until there came a day when I knew I care two-hoods about what people think of me. The truth will always remain that I’m PRECIOUS TO HIM for I am FEARFULLY AND WONDERFULLY MADE!!!

Many a times, we find ourselves in situations where we are not happy with ourselves. We tell ourselves that we are not good enough. But this is not true.The Bible declares us to be children of God. And this same Bible proclaims that you and I are fearfully and wonderfully made. When God loves us, what reason do we have not to love ourselves?

No comments: