Thursday, January 18, 2007

He understands!




Have you ever faced times when your conscience tells you that something is wrong and yet you go ahead and do it? Are there times when a certain temptation is too much for you to resist?

I had such times. It was very difficult for me to resist. I found it very hard to say NO. Sometimes I did, and sometimes I didn’t. I would wonder if there was anyone who could understand my situation and sympathize with me. I soon found that SOMEONE. Someone who could understand that I was weak … and that SOMEONE dear friends, is JESUS CHRIST! He not only understood my weaknesses, He also gave me strength.

The Bible tells us that We do not have a High Priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but we have one who has been tempted in every way, just as we are – yet was without sin.

The High Priest here refers to Jesus Christ. It is a great solace to know that when Jesus lived in this world as a human being, He too faced temptation. However, the great thing was that He didn’t give in to it. Dear friends, each of us has our own set of weaknesses and some of us are ashamed to accept them. At this time, I want to tell each one of you that Jesus understands! He understands when we face temptations. He understands that we are weak. He understands that we cannot fight our weaknesses on our own – that’s why He is always waiting to help us, to be with us and to care for us. We just need to call out to Him – He is always there!!! He will give you strength!

No comments: